Get an employment background check done
Background Screening Policy and Link (Employees)
It is the intent of this policy to establish certain guidelines wherein the Valpo Department of Parks and Recreation can seek to protect our children by investigating the background of potential employees.
Any person who has been found guilty, pled guilty; or pled no contest, regardless of adjudication, or has a pending charge pertaining to, any of the disqualifying offenses listed in this policy will be immediately disqualified.
Employees will have his/her background checked every 12 months for as long as he/she continues employment.
The third party contractor conducting the checks (Safe Hiring Solutions, Inc.) will administer the background screen. A pass grade will be for any applicant that has zero disqualifying crime matches, a fail grade for any applicant that has one or more disqualifying crime matches.
If the third party contractor reports any “fail” grades to the Parks and Recreation Department, the Department shall notify the applicant by certified mail and/or telephone that he is disqualified.
If an applicant wishes to dispute the content of the profile report, the applicant shall contact the third party responsible for conducting the background check by calling the telephone number listed on the report. The applicant is responsible for providing any or all documentation to support his or her claim.
If an applicant (1) has been convicted of, (2) has a charge pending against him or her in which it is alleged that he or she has committed any of the following crimes, or (3) has a record of a conviction of an equivalent offense in another state, the applicant will be disqualified.
All Sex Offenses
- Examples include, but are not limited to: child molestation, rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sodomy, prostitution, solicitation, indecent exposure, etc.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, kidnapping, robbery, aggravated burglary, etc.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: drug offenses, theft, embezzlement, fraud, child endangerment, etc.
All Misdemeanor Violence offenses within the past seven (7) years.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: simple assault, battery, domestic violence, hit and run, etc.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: driving under the influence, drunk and disorderly, public intoxication, etc.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: simple drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, etc.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: contributing to the delinquency of a minor, providing alcohol to a minor, etc.
I have read and understand the policy above and want to
PROCEED TO BACKGROUND SCREEN