PLEASE BE SURE TO SEPARATE YOUR LEAVES FROM ANY OTHER YARD WASTE.
Valparaiso’s fleet of leaf vacuum crews is geared up and will begin picking up leaves on October 16. Leaf trucks will be out daily, working to clear the city. Because neighborhoods vary in leaf production, it’s impossible to commit to a specific pick-up day for each neighborhood, however we will work to rotate throughout the entire city as frequently as possible. Leaf pick up will extend into November, with the final date being determined based on weather and leaf volume.Guidelines for Leaf Pickup
- Please check the city's Facebook page (Valparaiso Now) or local papers for actual start and end dates.
- Fall leaf season is the only time leaves may be left loose at the curb.
- Leaves should be the only thing in the pile – no sticks, bricks, boards, or other items
- If you wish to bag your leaves, please use biodegradable paper bags only.
- We do not service alleys for leaf pick-up with the vacuums. If you wish to have leaves picked up in an alley, they must be bagged in biodegradable bags, and they will be collected by brush trucks.
- Keep in mind, during leaf season there are fewer crews to pick up brush and bagged leaves. Residents are welcome to take bagged leaves and brush to the compost site at 2150 W Lincolnway.