Special Trash Pickups
Extra Trash & Construction Debris
- Extra trash and construction debris will be picked up at the rate of $15 per cubic yard. Amounts will be assessed by a Public Works supervisor. Any charges for extra trash will appear on a separate line on the resident's utility bill.
- To avoid charges, take advantage of Holiday Clean-outs
- Public Works does not accept materials generated by contractors, including construction or landscaping work
- Trash or construction debris should be bagged for collection
- Carpet must be tied in rolls no longer than 4 feet.
- Trash must be placed out by 7:00 am CT on pickup day
- Contact us prior to your pickup day at 219-462-4612. After hours, please leave a message with your address and item to be picked up.
- Large pickups may require a roll-off container provided by a private waste hauler. Always call us at 219-462-4612 before setting out debris from a large demolition project.
Items NOT Accepted
- Hazardous Materials
- Grass Clippings
Large Items, Appliances & Electronics
- Furniture and appliances will be picked up at the rate of $15 per cubic yard.
- Electronic items (anything with a plug) should never be placed in your garbage can as these cannot go into the landfill. Place them next to your can for pickup.
- Set items out by 7:00 am on your pickup day
- Contact us prior to pickup day at 219-462-4612. After hours, please leave a message with your address and item to be picked up. These items are picked up separately for proper disposal.
- Electronics may also be taken to Best Buy for proper recycling. Read more...
- Latex paint only (no oil based, please) will be picked up provided the paint has been dried.
- A drying agent such as cat litter or sawdust may be added and dried paint should be removed from the can whenever possible.
- The can may be recycled and dried paint can go in the trash.