The Valparaiso Community Engagement Department is responsible for 1) cultivating safe, vibrant neighborhoods; 2) increasing community outreach and partnerships; and 3) leadership development and getting more diverse groups involved. This department can be your resource to learn more about what is happening with the city and opportunities to get involved. This department aims to further connect neighborhoods and advance inclusion in our community by building partnerships and uniting people.
- City Government Academy
- City Talk Now
- Good Neighbor Recognition Program
- Valparaiso Mayor's Youth Council
There are a number of resources available to neighborhood groups. The Community Engagement Department is your partner when considering what services would work best for you and what additional services might be helpful for the city to pursue.
- Neighborhood Toolkit - Refreshed!
- Neighborhood Directory
- Neighborhood Improvement Grant
- Neighborhood Group Facilitation
- Neighborhood Printing Support
- Neighborhood Walks
- Neighborhood Safety Training
- Special Programming and Events
The Community Engagement Department hosts quarterly Neighborhood Workshops in an effort to inform and educate neighborhood associations and groups. Representatives from neighborhood groups are invited to attend the Workshops to connect, learn from each other and become more familiar with available neighborhood services.
- Wednesday, March 31 at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Join us to learn more about the 2021 Neighborhood Improvement Grant Program and the special Block Party Grant add-on opportunity! Join the Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/95330040450 .